On 18-th of Aprill 2013, in the Gallery of Arts “Edward Lear”, in Berat was held the exhibition “History of Russian-Albanian relations in archival materials of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Albania”.
This exhibition had its first presentation in Tirana, October 2012 on the occasion of the 20 -anniversary of the Russian-Albanian relations. There are 32 panels which are prepared by the Russian Archives in cooperation with Albanian.
These panels shows a chronological history of relations between the two countries. They start since 1788, continues with the opening of the first Russian embassy in Vlora in 1806, in 1924, when diplomatic relations were established between the two countries. In the year 1958 was signed the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation between the two countries and a year later – Statement of Cooperation. Diplomatic relations, severed in 1961, was restored in 1990, which continue even today.
The opening speech was held by Ark.Rezarta Pilafi. Attending the panel were welcome, Berat Mayor Fadil Nasufi, deputy ambassador Dmitry Verchenko, and Charge d’Affaires of the Embassy of Sweden in Albania, Patrik Svensson. Civic and interested in this part of the Russian-Albanian history, were present during the exhibition.